Why Kansas Native Plants?
- Native plants are those plants that are indigenous to a region.
- Many of these plants are perfect for your gardens and landscaping your yard.
- They are hardy, beautiful, and unusual.
- Learn more about why you should use native plants in your home landscape from Frequntly Asked Questions.
What We Do
Browse Kansas Wildflower, Grass, & Tree Seeds. All seeds originate in Kansas from naturally local plants. All seeds are sold by the packet.
Get a Property Evaluation for your yard, acreage, or farm. The evaluation includes an inventory of the plants already on your property, recommended plants to add, plants that are invasive and should be removed, and techniques to manage your property.
Photos of Gardens and Wildlife
My Garden Galleries show you native plants in my various landscaped habitat types such as
- Prairie Garden which contains sun loving plants
- Woodland Garden wich contains filtered sun & shade plants
- Water Garden which contains plants found around my pond
My Wildlife Galleries shows various wildlife attracted to my gardens.
- Bird Gallery displays images of avian visitors to my yard
- Butterfly Gallery displays butterflies and moths that have visited my yard
- Insects Gallery displays insects other than butterflies and moths in my yard
- Other Animals Gallery displays mammals, reptiles and amphibians in my yard
Butterfly Gardening describes the plants needed by adult buttterflies for nectar but more importantly the host plants used by butterfly larva.
Butterfly Host Plants is a table of butterfly species and the plant families used as host plants.
Plant Identification Guide
The Plant Guide can help you identify an unknown plant, tree, or weed.
Use it to determine what native plants you might want in your landscape.
The guide contains growth characteristics of 841 species of plants.
There are 4266 images of plants in the guide.
Plant Fiber Paper
Plant Fiber Paper showcases paper made from Kansas plants.
See the process of making paper from plant fiber.
- Nest Boxes updated 3/27/15
- Reasons to Landscape with Native Plants updated 3/23/15
- European Starling Control updated 3/20/15
- House Sparrow Control updated 3/18/15
- Red-bellied Woodpecker added 11/16/14
- Plant FIber Paper Products updated 9/2/14
- Northern Flicker added 3/12/14