Why Kansas Native Plants?
- Native plants are those plants that are indigenous to a region.
- Many of these plants are perfect for your gardens and landscaping your yard.
- They are hardy, beautiful, and unusual.
- Learn more about why you should use native plants in your home landscape from Frequntly Asked Questions.
Purchase Seeds and Plants
Buy native grass & wildflower seed; and books.
Need Help with Your Landscape?
If you want help creating a native garden or any other native plant services learn more about Property Evaluation.
Photos of Gardens and Wildlife
My Garden Galleries show you native plants in my various landscaped habitat types such as
- Prairie Garden which contains sun loving plants
- Woodland Garden wich contains filtered sun & shade plants
- Water Garden which contains plants found around my pond
My Wildlife Galleries shows various wildlife attracted to my gardens.
- Bird Gallery displays images of avian visitors to my yard
- Butterfly Gallery displays butterflies and moths that have visited my yard
- Insects Gallery displays insects other than butterflies and moths in my yard
- Other Animals Gallery displays mammals, reptiles and amphibians in my yard
Butterfly Gardening describes the plants needed by adult buttterflies for nectar but more importantly the host plants used by butterfly larva.
Butterfly Host Plants is a table of butterfly species and the plant families used as host plants.
Plant Identification Guide
The Plant Guide can help you identify an unknown plant, tree, or weed.
Use it to determine what native plants you might want in your landscape.
The guide contains growth characteristics of 794 species of plants.
There are 3692 images of plants in the guide.
Plant Fiber Paper
Plant Fiber Paper showcases paper made from Kansas plants.
See the process of making paper from plant fiber.